Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Grandma's Review of "Scorpio Races" by Maggie Stiefvater

I can't actually say that I didn't like this book, it just didn't get me at Hello. The author spent a lot of time in building the characters (which I liked) but failed to give me details. I would have liked to have known rather the time frame was in the future or past and where Thisby Island is located (off what mainland).  I was disappointed that the actual Scorpio Race was a very small part of the book. From reading the preview I thought the race would be similar to the life and death struggle of the Hunger Games. Overall if you are a Maggie Stiefvater fan you should read the book, however, if I read this book first I may not have wanted to read her "Wolves of Mercy Falls Series" and then I would have missed out on three great books.

Rating: 2-1/2 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. I really liked Shiver but when I read Scorpio Races, it wasn't quite the same. The mythology aspect was so cool but I just didn't love any of the characters.

    ReplyDelete